Are you interested in photography and science? Then discover exciting science projects in and around Zurich during the first Science Photo Marathon on 27 September 2019.
The competition is open to everyone, no matter if you are a scientist or not, a professional or an amateur photographer. The only thing you need is a digital camera (smartphone cameras are included).
During this marathon race that starts at 9:00 a.m. and ends at 5:00 p.m. you have to produce two competition pictures at each of the following four locations:
- Zoological Museum of the University of Zurich
- UZH science campus Irchel
- Zoo Zurich
- EAWAG Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Sciences
The competition starts and ends at the Zoological Museum of the UZH. If you feel like participating, please register now Link
Zoological Museum of the University of Zurich (Karl-Schmid-Strasse 4, 8006 Zurich).
When, how and what
Friday, 27 September 2019, 08:30 a.m.– 05:00 p.m.
- 08:30 a.m. Participants meet at the Zoological Museum (ZM) of the University of Zurich.
- 08:30–09:00 a.m. Accreditations, introduction, instructions and photo-themes (topics) are revealed.
- 09:00 a.m. Official start of the competition. Participants produce eight competition pictures, two in each of the following institutions: Zoological Museum, Zoo Zurich, University of Zurich (Irchel) and Swiss Federal Institute of Aquatic Science & Technology (EAWAG).
- 05:00 p.m. End of the competition. Participants have to hand in their 8 competition pictures at the ZM before 05:00 p.m. Photos submitted after this time cannot be included in the competition.
- 05:30 p.m. All participants are cordially invited to an apéro organized by the Zoological Museum.
On Saturday, 5 October 2019 between 12 a.m. and 02 p.m. all competition photos will be screened in the cinema of the Zoological Museum.