A photographic challenge. A marathon. On Friday, 3 September 2021, your creativity and photographic skills will be put to the test. Amateur and professional photographers, scientists and laymen are invited to take part in the challenge. Participate as an individual or as a group. The only thing you need is a digital camera or smartphone camera.
The marathon starts at 09:00 and ends at 17:00. During this time, you must produce two competition pictures at each of the following locations: Zoological Museum of the University of Zurich, University of Zurich Campus Irchel, focusTerra of ETH Zurich, and the Botanical Garden of the University of Zurich.
The competition starts and ends at the Zoological Museum. You can register here until 15 August.
Zoological Museum of the University of Zurich
Karl-Schmid-Strasse 4, 8006 Zurich
When, how and what
Friday, 3 September 2021, 08:30 to 17:00
- 08:30: Participants arrive at the Zoological Museum of the UZH and pay the registration fee of CHF 10 in cash
- 08:30-09:00: Introduction, instructions and topic disclosure
- 09:00: Official start of the competition. Participants produce a total of eight images in each of the following institutions: Zoological Museum of UZH, focusTerra of ETH Zurich, UZH Campus Irchel, Botanical Garden of UZH
- 17:00: End of the competition. Participants submit eight competition pictures before 17:00. Pictures submitted too late will not be entered in the competition.
- 17:30: All participants are cordially invited to an apéro at the Zoological Museum
Prizes will be awarded on 27 November 2021 at 13:00 during the Global Science Film Festival at the Filmpodium (Nüschelerstrasse 11, 8001 Zurich).
Additional information and conditions of participation can be found here.